I’ve translated around 700 thousand words to date.
I work with translation agencies in the technical sector (marketing and IT), for websites and apps.
Sky, Netflix and other broadcasters for which I translated the scripts.
- “The Story of God – with Morgan Freeman”, (2016) National Geographic channel.
- “StarTalk” (second, third and fourth season), National Geographic Channel.
- “The Story of Us – with Morgan Freeman”, (2017) National Geographic Channel
Cartoons, such as “Kate & Mim-Mim”, “Jamie’s Got Tentacles” and “The Amazing World of Gumball”.
TV series, films, short films, documentaries and sit-coms
Subtitling of courses, documentaries and short films
- “72 Dangerous Animals Australia: Dead or Alive”, documentary, Nat Geo Wild.
- Subtitling and revision for the MOOC of Leiden University «Miracles of Human Language: an introduction to Linguistics», Coursera.
- Translation from English and subtitling for the film «The Artist» by Sunyoung Kim for the Rome Overlook Festival (5th Cinemavvenire Film Festival Rome 12-21 December 2014).
Since September 2015 – Active cooperation in the Common Spaces project, an international community of practice. Its aim is to join forces and create free knowledge and resources, through OER (open educational resources) cataloguing.
2015 Post-graduate diploma in Sector-specific Translations English, French>Italian; Italian>English, French (sectors: medical, legal, tourism and web) Mark 108/110. Scuola Superiore per Interpreti e Traduttori di Pescara.
2014 Degree in Linguistics, from the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy of Florence University. Mark 108/110. Thesis in Psycholinguistics: « Rapporto tra Struttura del Linguaggio e Struttura Cerebrale (Relationship between Structure of Language and Brain Structure) ».
- Traduttore e adattatore, perché per reggere una porta tocca prima aprirla (Translator and adaptor, because you need to open a door to hold it), course held by Leonardo Marcello Pignataro and Matteo Amandola, organised by STL Formazione, 18 and 19 March 2017, Pisa (14 hours).
- Neuroanatomia e neuroscienze (Neuroanatomy and neuroscience), scientific training course for translators organised by Isabella Blum, December 2016 (35 hours).
- Tradurre il giornalismo (Translating journalism), course held by Chiara Rizzo, organised by STL Formazione, 19 November 2016, Pisa (7 hours).
- Traduzione audiovisiva e Web (Audiovisual and Web translations), laboratory held by Valeria Cervetti, organised by the European School of Translation, 12 November 2016, Rome (7 hours).
- La Giornata del Traduttore (Translators’ Day), conference held in Pisa, organised by STL Formazione, 14-15 October 2016, (8 hours).
- Web content enjoyneering: come creare e tradurre contenuti per il web ed essere felici (Web content enjoyneering: how to create and translate web content and be happy), laboratory held by Andrea Spila and Maria Pia Montoro, organised by the European School of Translation, 11 June 2016, Rome (7 hours).
- Scrittura traduttiva (Translation and Writing), laboratory organised by Isabella C.Blum, 2-31 May 2016, (25 hours).
- Linguaggio scientifico (Scientific language), translation laboratory organised by Isabella C. Blum, March-April 2016, (25 hours).
- Una voce vera (A true voice), editorial translation (from French) laboratory held by Yasmina Melaouah, organised by STL Formazione, 13 February 2016, Pisa (7 hours).
- L’articolo divulgativo d’autore (Scientific essays), translation laboratory organised by Isabella C. Blum, 24 November – 16 December 2015, (25 hours).
- Il traduttore editoriale (Being an editorial translator), course organised by Isabella C. Blum, 26 October 2015 – 23 November 2015, (25 hours).
- La Giornata del Traduttore (Translators’ Day), conference held in Pisa, organised by STL Formazione, 10 October 2015, (8 hours).
- La traduzione editoriale (Editorial translation), organised by STL Formazione, 5 May – 15 June 2015, (18 hours).
- Leggere criticamente: analisi del testo, narrativa e saggistica (Critical reading: text analysis, fiction and essays), course organised by the literary agency La Matita Rossa, 15 January- 2 March 2015.
- Morfologia italiana per traduttori (Italian morphology for translators), course organised by STL Formazione, 14, 21 and 28 April 2015, (4 ½ hours).
- La Revisione (Revision), individual course organised by Isabella C. Blum, 20 March – 21 April 2015, (25 hours).
- Il metodo del tradurre (Translation methods), course organised by Isabella C. Blum, 15 February – 10 March 2015, (25 hours).
- Tradurre il Vintage (Translating Vintage), editorial translation (from English) laboratory held by Federica Aceto, organised by STL Formazione, 31 January 2015, Florence, (7 hours).
- La Traduzione Farmaceutica, fondamenti teorici e concettuali (Pharmaceutical Translations: theory and concepts), course organised by Isabella C. Blum, 15 January – 10 February 2015, (25 hours).
- Tradurre per l’editoria (Translating for the publishing industry) , course organised by the literary agency La Matita Rossa, 22 September – 12 December 2014.
- Traduttori si diventa (How to become translators), course organised by STL Formazione, 14 October – 18 November 2014, (18 hours).